- Complete the Registration Form
- View the Fall Schedule
- Questions & Answers
- Forms for Non-UM Band Students (Miami-Dade College, Broward College, etc.)
Interested in joining one of the most innovative marching bands in the country?
The Frost Band of the Hour Marching Band, Pep Band, Color Guard and Hurricanettes Danceline are the most exciting, visible, and involved student groups on the University of Miami campus. With a long and rich tradition of spirit and enthusiasm, the Frost Band of the Hour supports The University of Miami Hurricanes as part of the ACC Conference. We perform for over 70,000 people at Hurricanes football games held at Hard Rock Stadium, as well as championship bowl games, nationally televised NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball games, March Madness Basketball championship tournaments, and marching band festival exhibitions. In addition, we bring energy and pageantry to Homecoming Weekend, Pep Rallies, community events, and more.
Advantages of joining:
- Present high profile public performances across the UM campus and the nation
- Enjoy once-in-a-lifetime experiences with hundreds of new friends
Join the Marching Band
- Full time UM student members receive a $1,500 stipend per season. Students from any South Florida college (that doesn’t have a marching band) can participate in the Frost Band of the Hour and receive a $1,000 stipend.
- Student leadership opportunities. Drum majors, section leaders, and equipment crew each receive an additional $1,000 scholarship.
- Perform at every University of Miami home football game, with travel to qualifying Bowl games.
- Play powerful, custom arranged music while marching innovative, challenging, and original drill.
Join the Pep Band
- Receive an additional $1,000 stipend. You must be a member of the Marching Band to audition for Pep Band.
- Perform at UM men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball games, with travel to qualifying regional and national men’s and women’s basketball championships.
- Play current and aggressive, jazz, rock, and Latin repertoire.
Questions about joining?
Jay Rees, Director of Athletic Bands
Douglas McCullough, Assistant Director of Athletic Bands/Director of Marching Percussion